Thursday, December 17, 2015
Carter's use of the personal account was first reported by The New York Times, which said that he had been confronted about his email habits by White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough this past May, three months after Carter took office as defense secretary.
Pentagon spokesman Peter Cook released a statement saying that Carter believes his use of personal email for work-related business was a mistake. Cook declined to say whether it was a violation of Pentagon email policies. Cook also said Carter stopped the practice, but Cook did not say when.
Carter also acknowledged the move was a mistake in an interview with CBS' “This Morning” on Thursday. He said he occasionally used his iPhone to send messages to immediate staff, but stressed no classified information was involved.
Read more at Foxnews.com
Kuwaiti-born gunman Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez went on a rampage at a recruiting center and another U.S. military installation this summer, but U.S. officials were reticent to call the attack terrorism. Then-U.S. Attorney Bill Killian told reporters on July 16 that an investigation would determine the attack’s classification, and Attorney General Loretta Lynch said a “national security investigation” would take place.
The waffling is over. FBI Director James Comey twice said Abdulazeez’s shooting was an act of terror during a New York news conference Wednesday.
“We’ve investigated Chattanooga as a terror attack from the beginning,” Comey said while standing next to NYPD commissioner Bill Bratton, Fox News reported. “The Chattanooga killer was inspired by a foreign terror organization. It’s hard to entangle which particular source … there are lots of competing poisons out there.”
Abdulazeez died in a shootout with police on the day of the attack.
The FBI’s decision clears the way for victims to receive Purple Hearts. U.S. Rep. Chuck Fleischmann, R-Tenn., has introduced a non-binding resolution in Congress calling for Purple Hearts to be awarded.
“These men proudly served their country, and several made the ultimate sacrifice to save others,” Fleischmann said Monday, the Associated Press reported.
Read more at WND.com
Saturday, April 18, 2015
According to Right Wing News, Feuerstein recently warned his YouTube subscribers that Christians are coming under attack and should be very careful in this heightened anti-Christian climate. Unfortunately, the pastor proved his own theory, because he is now being threatened with criminal charges just for ordering a cake.
Naturally, the Long Beach bakery’s owner, Sharon Haller, refused.
Feuerstein posted the video of him making the call to Haller’s shop, Cut The Cake, on YouTube to illustrate the double standard within our society. It certainly made for a good discussion topic, and that should have been the end of it. But the story doesn’t end there.
Haller asked Feuerstein to take the video down, and he graciously did so. But then the baker turned around and reposted it herself, to attack the pastor.
As if this wasn’t bad enough, Haller also called the FBI and demanded that Feuerstein be charged with a hate crime. “I’m just afraid because of the type of calls that we were getting that someone is going to attack me in my home,” Haller told News 13. “Please help put a stop to people like Joshua Feuerstein,” she pleaded online.
Apparently, if you’re a Christian who refuses to bake cakes for same-sex marriages based on your religious values, you can be sued and harassed and lose your business. But if you’re a gay baker who won’t bake an anti-gay marriage cake, you get to press charges against a person for simply making a request.
It seems that Feuerstein’s valiant effort to expose one of the grave injustices in our society may have landed him in some serious trouble with the law. BuzzPo will be watching this story closely and you can be sure we’ll be the first to let you know if substantial charges are brought against the pastor.
Share this report if you believe Christians should be afforded the same liberties as gays